martes, 14 de febrero de 2012

Valentine's Day

Today is Valentine's day, in my country is all about celebrating not only love but friendship and certainly I would put my highest bet in the friendship instead of love. I don't like holidays, beside the fact that you can have a day off from school or work I don't understand what's the big deal about them, for me Valentines embraces this:
Valentine's it's a reason to feel bad and get all depressed if you're lonely and all cheesy if you have a date, personaly I'm neither. I HATE ROSES because that's a commom flower, (I love tulips) I hate stuffed animals, the color pink or anything cheesy, I hate the fact that a guy wanna buy your love or get into your pants by just giving you cheap crap! Don't get my wrong I have a boyfriend and I like to spoil him and make sure to proof him that I love him everyday, what I'm trying to say is that like in mother's day you don't need a day a year to tell your mom that you lover her and that you're deeply greatfull for everything that she has done for you, same goes with valentines day, you don't need a "special day" to make your couple happy, so ladies buy sexy laundry and get freaky in bed every once in a while not just today and guys have good gestures, be a gentleman and buy your woman something even if it's really small, don't do it just because is Valentine, so come on get a little creative, sometimes it's not just about the bling, sometimes silly gifts are the best. Sometimes I like to spend Valentine's just sitting at home watching movies.

Here's a list of 10 movies that in my opinion are the greatest love movies ever:

*Forrest Gump: because sometime a man can really love you for who you are no matter how many bad things you have done, and when you're destined to be with somenone no matter what happens you will be.

*50 first dates: because sometimes when love it's true you will try everything to make it work even if your girl can't remember you.

* The Notebook: because everlasting love do exist and some people take very serious their vows: "in health or sickness and till death do us part".

* The time traveler's wife: because time it's not a excuse to stop loving.

 * Valentine's day: because even if you love it or hate it Valentines always finds a way to get the cheesy and soft part out of you.

*Bridget Jones's diary: because even if you think that you're gonna die alone or surrounded by thousands cats Mr. Right always can come out of nowhere to sweep you of your feet.


*Closer: because sometimes love is not enough and we make very serious mistakes and end up hurting others just because we think we're "in love".


*500 days of Summer: because sometime love hurts so much we wanna forget but that devilish bug will always find a way to sting you again.

* Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind: because forgetting is not the solution, embracing is, love goes beyond your desire of forgetting just because you got hurt once.



*Crazy, stupid love: because love does make us do crazy and stupid things but at the end of the day even if you're the meanest person in the world god still holds a soulmate for you.


If you don't like cheesy love movies I also have a list of 5 -horror- movies for you:

* My bloody valentine: a guy that literally wants your heart.


* Fear: don't get fooled by that cute guy that makes you feel butterflies in your stomac and that treats you like a princess because that can just be a disguise for a crazy psychopath.


* Fatal attraction: marrige is sacred and you shouldn't let anybody else in because one steamy night of extramarital sex can put your and your family's life in danger.


* Single white female: sometimes other women envy your love life and literally want to be you and replace you.

* Carrie: people say that teenage love is the purest and strongest, I don't think they have met teenage anger and decive.

* Urban legends: getting you boyfriend kill because of a stupid urban legend can really twist your mind.


Anyways enjoy this Valentines, wether it's with your boyfriend/ girlfriend or lover, having dinner in a fancy restaurant or just all cozy in bed.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario