domingo, 17 de junio de 2012

DIY

Inspired by the book clutch tendency I decided that I should make a purse like that. Mine it's not exactly a book, it's a VHS case but the essence it's the same.

First time I saw a book clutch was when Natalie Portman attended to the Black Swan premier in New York wearing a Kate Spade book clutch back in 2010.

Later I saw it on Chanel's 2011 spring/summer collection and Diane Kruger was one of the firsts who used that baby for the Red Carpet.
 

But then recently I saw more celebrities such as Michelle Williams in the 2012 BAFTFA's wearing a Olympia Le-Tan book clutch with here so talked about H&M dress. And she wore another book clutch when she appeared in the Film Independent Spirt Awards's Red Carpet.
 

The most recent appearance of the book clutch was in the Cannes festival in the hands of Bérénice Bejo.

So I made mine with a Peter Pan VHS that I found in the thrift shop. It was pretty easy, I just punched some holes in the case and put a chain through them and make some knots at the end. So this is the final result.

I promise I will try to take a bigger chance and really make the book clutch, while I was writting this I came across with some DIY's about it, the only thing that I hope it's that I can get the materials here in my country because I can be as willing as I want to do it but if I can't find the right supplies I guess that  for now I have to settle down with the VHS case hahaha.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario